Elwing Discoveries skipper has a very long background of boating historyin all areas of aquatic activities. He also has a long background in teaching outdoor education, therefore making it possible to incorporate your ideas with the expertise of the skipper to plan an expedition, adventure or programme, not only about sailing but encompassing the wide range of activities the southern wilderness makes available to us! PLUS Arthur is the master of anchoring Elwing in hideaway coves! He is also the master of knowing the coolest places to visit at Stewart Island! He will take you places that the locals barely know about!
- R.L.L ( qualified Restricted Limited Launchmaster)
- Skipper of vessels up to 50 feet in length, for 33 years, not including deckhand time gained on commercial vessels as crew.
- DOC Approved Concessionaire – Stewart Island
- Coastguard Boating Education – Dayskipper Certificate & VHF Certificate tutor
- Duke of Edinburgh Hillary Award – Accredited Provider
- Certified Lifeguard (employed for two seasons)
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- PADI Open Water Scuba Diving qualification.
- N.Z.Q.A Snorkel Instructor qualification.
- Outward Bound Instructor (three years)
- Many years of instruction in all areas of the outdoors.
- Have operated own pleasure craft with family and friends throughout New Zealand waters for the past 30 years.