School Students Climb Aboard Elwing
There are many educational areas within our system today that benefit from learning experiences that take place outside of the regular classroom environment. ‘Elwing Discoveries’ is a unique example of this.
- Accredited Providers of Safe Boating Education Dayskipper Certificate, Dayskipper Experience
- Accredited providers of Duke of Edinburgh’s Hillary Award Adventurous Journeys
- International Student Adventures
- Outdoor Education / Introduction to Acquatics
- Team Building / Social Skills
- Environmental Studies / History / Science / Tourism / Fine Arts
- Don’t forget that it is often worthwhile making personal contact!! We can help you to understand the way these voyages work and can help with information for travel in particular Bluff to Invercargill.
UPCOMING STUDENT VOYAGES
27 Sept – 1 October 2016 Holiday Adventure for Year 6-8 This is a voyage for young adventurers. As well as adventuring in the southern wilderness, participants complete the Dayskipper Experience Certificate and learn about going boating safely. A positive, active and exciting way to spend a part of the school holidays.
21-25 November 2016 Combined Schools Voyage for Year 9/10 This voyage is an opportunity to HAVE A REAL KIWI EXPERIENCE IN THE STEWART ISLAND WILDERNESS with Year 9/10 adventurers from other schools around New Zealand!. Voyage eligible as Duke of Ed Adventurous Journey Bronze, suitable also for Younger International students. Participants will complete the Dayskipper Experience Certificate and learn about going boating safely. Contact us for the ‘1611 CSV Information Pack’ – this contains all information about the voyage plus forms to fill in and return when you make your reservation!
14-20 December 2016 Adventure/Education Voyage for Year 11-13 incorporating the VHF Radio Operator Course – NCEA Credits – 3 Credits at Level 3
This voyage is about a lot more than boating education! It is a breather at the end of a long year with the bonus of some extra NCEA credits. Contact us for the ‘1612 AEV Information Pack’ – this contains all information about the voyage plus forms to fill in and return when you make your reservation!
23-27 January 2017 – Year 8 Leadership Voyage This is an active adventure voyage with a focus on Leadership for the coming year.Contact us for the ‘1701 LV Information Pack’ – this contains all information about the voyage plus forms to fill in and return when you make your reservation!